Great Review from Travelin' Jack
Travelin' Jack, Roving Bulldog Reporter and Pet Travel Guru had his paw-socks knocked off at all the great pet-friendly attributes at this lakeside resort. Here are some of his favorite things about this hotel (and neighboring RV) resort:
1)Rooms are either lakeview or mountainview...with direct outdoor access to the lawn.
2)Spacious rooms with nice accoutrements.
3)Doggie Treat upon arrival (woo-hoo!) includes dog biscuits and potty pick-up bag
4) Lush green lawn, sandy beach area, walking paths surround the Inn.
5) Ivory Tusk Tavern (that serves great NM and American fare) has a pet-friendly outdoor patio.
6) Each room has porch area for enjoying the morning coffees, evening sunsets and chats with friendly tourist neighbors
7) Reasonable pet fees ($15 per stay for small pets, $20 for large pets)
8) Sister RV resort has (are you ready for this BIG PLUS?) a Self-Serve Dog Bath! The easy to use bath is available to all dogs, local and visiting, and is a handy state-of-the-art set up to make Fido (or in this case Travelin' Jack) spotless clean and oh-so-sweet to smell!
9) RV Resort also has smallish but nice partially shaded fenced off-leash park. There is a handy Dog Station nearby to make clean up easy.
10) Elephant Butte city has a walking/biking/dog trail directly in front of the inn. This nice walkway is paved, has shaded covered rest areas, and has Doggie stations AND WATER STATION. The water station is geared to tall people, short people...and DOGS!
11) The staff is very pet-friendly throughout the property...from welcoming Front Desk to Staff to housekeepers and grounds-keepers. The family owned pride in this property is evident. They go to great lengths to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay for both people and pets!
12) Lobby area and even the Gift Shop are pet friendly.
13) ELEPHANT BUTTE IN EARNS TRAVELIN' JACK'S PRESTIGIOUS 5-PAWS RATING!