Lake Valley, Sierra County, Finale
Today, several original buildings remain in Lake Valley. The Bureau of Land Management oversees the townsite and has set up a 45 minute walking tour. The tour begins at the 1904 Schoolhouse (pictured below) and includes the restored St. Columbus Episcopal Chapel, some homes and railroad buildings and some mine equipment.
In addition to silver, manganese was mined for both World Wars. The remains of this mine can be seen from the townsite in a nearby hillside.