Elephant Butte Inn and Spa

Cutter, New Mexico

Cutter was originally a railroad station constructed 11 miles south of Engle as another water stop for the railroad.  It was primarily a shipping point for ore from the Caballo Mountains and Hillsboro and for transporting supplies through the Palomas Gap to the west side of the Rio Grande.  Cutter reached a population of 3,500 during the mining boom of the 1890s.  The last original building was torn down in 1956.  A new settlement has sprung up centered around the established ranches.  The only remains of the original town of Cutter is one railroad sign.

Añadir nuevo comentario

Formulario de búsqueda

English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish